|Welcome to ArticleSpectrum.com!
Articles ╗ Food-&-Beverage ╗ Recipes
|Mexican Family Night Menu Recipes
|Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
This is a Tex-Mex casserole dish that will be eaten up r├ípido! It is petty simple to make, and is assembled just like a Lasagna dish. The only difference is that we use Corn Tortillas.
10 - 7 inch corn tortillas
1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
1 lb. Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pt. sour cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup mayo
1/4 green onions, chopped (garnish)
1 can Rotel, drained (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cook chicken, shred, and cool.
3. Mix shredded chicken, sour cream, chicken broth, taco seasoning, mayo, 3/4 of cheddar cheese, and salt & pepper in a bowl.
4. Lightly grease a 9x9 casserole dish.
5. Place 2 corn tortillas on bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Cover with chicken mixture.
7. Repeat until all tortillas are gone. Note: The final layer should be 2 tortillas.
8. Place drained Rotel and remaining cheddar cheese on top.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 45 min.
10. Remove foil and place under broiler for 3-5 mins.
11. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Boil your chicken to prevent from overcooking.
- If Rotel is not available, use a can of Mexican Stewed Tomatoes.
Black Bean Corn Salsa Recipe
Salsa does just not have to be served with the traditional tortilla chips anymore. This black bean corn salsa is a great addition to any meal, or dish. Best of all, it is a fat-free and low calorie accompaniment.
1 can black beans - drained and washed
1 can corn - drained
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced jalapenos
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 large tomatoes - diced
2 cloves garlic - chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Wash all your veggies, drain all your canned goods, and cut as described. Combine all into a plastic or glass container.
Chill in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- Do not use a metal container to store the salsa. The acids in the lime juice and tomatoes will have a reaction with the metal.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips.
- Serve as a sauce for fresh fish.
- Wrap in a warm tortilla with chicken, sliced avocado, and lettuce.
- Place inside a breakfast omelet.
- Add to a bed of mixed greens with some crushed tortilla chips.